“Thinking digital is inherent in how you live and run your business. You need people who live it and are focused/obsessed with it every day in your organizations.” – Stephen Weis
We had a fantastic time at AAF Houston’s February 2015 luncheon! Stephen Weis, executive vice president of digital revenue at the Houston Chronicle, spoke about “How to Think Digital First.” We’ve listed our ten favorite takeaways and a few of our favorite tweets from the presentation!
1. In 1991, there was only one website. Today, there are more than 1 billion websites on the World Wide Web.
2. YouTube is the No. 2 search engine. Every minute, 300 hours of video are uploaded on YouTube.
— Carla Gomez (@CarlaAtLNC) February 18, 2015
3. 80 percent of consumers use their mobile phones to view videos.
4. Are you resistant to moving toward digital marketing? Find people or partners to educate you and your leadership.
5. The driving force behind the new media landscape is technology, which includes the Internet of Things, big “big” data, personalization, automation.
6. Technology and ideas must align in order to create something successful.
— AAF- Houston (@AAFHouston) February 18, 2015
7. If you invest in managed resources for mobile and video, there must be a strategy behind the tools.
8. By 2020, 80 percent of all media will be consumed digitally.
9. It’s more important to be digital FIRST, than to be digital only. Brands should take a multi-layered approach to advertising.
— Joe Cabralez (@joecabralez) February 18, 2015
10. Have patience and never stop learning!
Which takeaway was your favorite? Share your thoughts in the comments!